Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Georgia, a country blessed by Dr. Levan


Dr. Levan became a Christian in medical school while studying in Kazakhstan. Today his medical practice is in Tbilisi Georgia. His greatest passion is working with the JESUS Film training up a new generation of Christian workers.

As Dr. Levan reflects on the great things God has done he can point to the city of Sagaredjo, ½ hour northwest of Tbilisi. There in May of 2006 he and his team showed the Jesus film 12 times in 3 locations. 3,500 people attended those showings, 60% indicating a decision for Christ. A year later a church had started in that town under the leadership the students he is working with. This past May, Dr. Levan and team focused on two new cities and 5 new churches have started.

As Dr. Levan and his friends look to the 2007-2008 year they are planning on having 30 trainers take 150 students through personal ministry training. This means that by June 30, 2008 - just through the training process - 180,000 Georgians will have had 1) opportunities to hear the Gospel, 2) all who respond an opportunity for follow-up and 3) all Christians found during their outreaches will have the opportunity to be involved in the same things.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kinda slow in finding your post, David 6 Shari. I have 6 young ladies here with me from YWAM-Costa Rica (JUCUM in Spanish).
One of them, here beside me is Lisa Atteneder from Austria, so I'm going to ask her to say Hi too! Aunt Patsy
Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Ginn,
As Patsy said, I am from Austria/Linz and Patsy told me a few things about you and your work in Hungary. I am really interested in missions (That is the reason why I am here in Peru with YWAM) and so I really enjoy it to hear from missionaries near my home. I now know your blog and I am looking forward to find out more about your work in Hungary.
Blessings,
Lisa Atteneder